- 1 x 250g sirloin
- 2 small baguettes
- Salt, pepper and garlic (optional)
- 4 tsp basil pesto
- ½ Romaine lettuce
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced as possible
- 2 gherkins, thinly sliced
- Handful of cress
- Mustard to serve
- Warm and crisp up the baguettes in an oven preheated to 190C for 5 minutes.
- Trim any excess fat from the steak and season with a little salt and pepper and rub with a cut clove of garlic if you wish. Preheat a griddle pan then sear the steak on each side for about 4 minutes before slicing into thin strips.
- Split the baguettes almost through and spread each top and bottom half with pesto, then a layer each of lettuce, tomato and onion, then steak slices, gherkin and cress and a final grind or two of black pepper and some mustard. Eat warm and juicy.