- 500g stewing pork
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 small can chopped pineapple (drained)
- Plain flour
- 3 tbsp demerara sugar
- 2 tbsp Lea & Perrins
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp English mustard
- ½ pint of hot beef stock
- To make the Sweet & Sour Sauce, mix together the sugar, Lea & Perrins, vinegar and mustard, then add the beef stock.
- Brown the stewing pork and transfer by slotted spoon to a large casserole dish. Add the chopped peppers to the pork and season with salt & pepper.
- In the pan lightly brown the onions, turn off the heat and add enough flour to absorb the juices. Add the sauce to the pan and bring up to a simmer.
- Add everything to the casserole and cook in the oven at 180c or gas mark 4/5 for approx. 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chopped pineapple and cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Serve with rice or Chinese noodles.