- 600g frying steak
- 1oz butter
- 1 diced onion
- 4oz sliced mushrooms
- 2 dessert spoons plain flour
- 2 dessert spoons tomato puree
- ¾ pint beef stock
- 1 heaped teaspoon curry paste
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- Cut the meat into strips (even better get your lovely butcher to do it for you!)
- Heat the butter in a frying pan and brown the meat. Remove and transfer into a casserole dish.
- Add the onion and mushrooms to the frying pan and soften for a few minutes. Remove frying pan from the heat and add enough flour to absorb the juice, then add the tomato puree and beef stock and bring back to a simmer for 3 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper and the curry paste.
- Add this to the meat in the casserole dish and place in a preheated oven at 160C or gas mark 3/4 for 2 hours.
- Stir in the sour cream and serve with rice or pasta.