- 8 thick Specially Selected Pork sausages
- 1 tbsp light olive oil or vegetable oil
- 8 shallots
- 3 carrots, thickly sliced
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 225g (8oz) chestnut or button mushrooms
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 125ml glass red wine (optional)
- 300ml (1/2 pt) vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 tsp freshly chopped parsley or chives
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a saucepan or lidded frying pan and cook the sausage for approximately 5 minutes until lightly browned. Remove to one side.
- Add the shallots, carrots and celery to the hot oil, cover and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Add the mushrooms, sprinkle on the flour then blend in the red wine and stock.
- Return the sausages to the saucepan. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Season with freshly ground black pepper, stir in the freshly chopped herbs and serve.