- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 pork sausages
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 finely chopped celery stick
- 1 finely chopped carrot
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- ½ chicken stock cube for 400ml chicken stock
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 400g tin cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 100g sliced greens
- Heat oil in a frying pan or casserole dish over medium heat. Add sausages & cook for 5 mins, turning frequently, until browned all over. Remove from the pan & set aside on a plate.
- Add onion, celery, carrot & garlic to the pan. Cook over medium heat for 10 mins until softened & lightly golden. Return the sausages to the pan along with the tinned tomatoes, stock & smoked paprika. Season lightly & stir. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for 20 mins until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Stir in beans & greens, then cover & simmer for 5 more mins until greens have softened. Done!