- 1kg silverside
- 2 large carrots, cut into batons
- 3 stalks of celery, cut into batons
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- Salt & pepper
- Brown meat all over and place in a casserole dish.
- Place vegetables around the beef. Season and pour over chopped tomatoes.
- Put lid on casserole and cook in a preheated oven at 180c or gas mark 4/5 for approx. 1 ½ hours.
- Once silverside is cooked take out the casserole and allow to rest.
- Slice meat and place it back in the casserole dish. Serve with broccoli or green beans and roasted potatoes.