- 12 rashers smoked streaky bacon
- 12 chipolata sausages
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 to 2 tsp runny honey
- A few sprigs of sage / thyme / rosemary (i.e. any of these is fine)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C / 350 F / Gas Mark 4.
- Take one rasher of bacon at a time and lay it on a chopping board.
- Slide a sharp knife along the length of the rasher of bacon to stretch it out (i.e. this will result in crispier bacon once cooked), then pop a few herb leaves onto the surface of the bacon. Next, take a sausage, pop it at one end of the rasher of bacon, then roll the bacon around the sausage until it is completely wrapped.
- Place the bacon-wrapped sausage into a roasting tray, then repeat this process with all the other rashers of bacon and sausages until there are none left.
- Pop the roasting tin into the preheated oven for approximately 30 minutes, until the bacon is golden and the sausages are cooked all the way through.
- Once cooked, remove the roasting tin from the oven and use a non-stick fish slice to loosen the ‘pigs in blankets’ from the base of the tin (i.e. leaving them in there). Then add the Worcestershire sauce to the roasting tin, along with the runny honey, and shake well, ensuring that all the ‘pigs in blankets’ are thoroughly coated. [NB: At this point, you can also give the bottom of the roasting tin a good scrape with the non-stick fish slice if you wish to, in order to incorporate all the ‘goodness’ from the cooking process into the dish.]