- 4 lemon & coriander chicken breasts
- 75g rice per person (uncooked weight)
- Fresh coriander
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C / 375 F / Gas Mark 5.
- Place the chicken breasts in a shallow ovenproof baking dish and pour over the sauce evenly, making sure all the chicken is covered.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 35 to 40 minutes, basting occasionally, until the chicken is golden and cooked all the way through. [NB: Once the internal temperature of the chicken is 65 degrees C / 149 F then it is fully cooked.]
- Use this baking time to prepare the rice: Rinse the rice. Pop it in a pan with the correct ratio of cold water (i.e. 75g rice to 150ml water) Bring the water to the boil, stir once, then cover and leave to simmer gently for 10 minutes without removing the pan lid. After 10 minutes, check that the rice is cooked (i.e. by trying a grain), if not then give it an extra minute or two. Once cooked, remove the pan lid and cover with a tea towel until ready to serve. [NB: Any residual water will be absorbed, improving the texture of the rice.]
- Once everything is fully cooked, serve immediately on warm plates and sprinkle with some fresh coriander.