- 1kg diced lamb (leg or shoulder)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 400g (1 tin) tinned tomatoes
- 1 packet of Gordon Rhodes Slow and Steamy Tagine Gourmet Sauce Mix
- 400ml water
- 150g prunes or apricots
- Place the lamb, onions and tomatoes in your slow cooker pot.
- Blend the Lamb Tagine Mix with the water and add to the slow cooker pot, stirring thoroughly.
- Cover and cook for 4 hours on HIGH or 8 hours on LOW or until the meat is tender and cooked through (keep covered during cooking, cooking times may vary between slow cooker models).
- Remove the lid, add the prunes or apricots, stir through and stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- For extra flavour add a tablespoon of honey and a sprinkling of almonds or fresh coriander before serving.
- Top Tip – smear a thin layer of oil around your slow cooker pot before adding the ingredient to prevent excess sticking.