- 8 lamb noisettes
- 2 shallots, peeled and finely sliced
- 300ml stock, lamb or vegetable
- 150ml white wine
- 150ml double cream
- 30ml vegetable oil
- 15ml white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- Freshly ground pepper, to season
- To serve:
- Seasonal Vegetables, as desired
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C / 400 F / Gas Mark 6.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, and brown the lamb noisettes over a high heat for 2 minutes on each side.
- Once browned, place the lamb noisettes into a large roasting tin and cook in the oven for 10 minutes, then set them aside to rest.
- Whilst the noisettes are cooking, prepare the sauce (i.e. as outlined below) and cook any seasonal vegetables you have chosen (i.e. as desired).
- To make the sauce, use the same frying pan and oil, gently fry the shallots for 10 minutes over a low heat until soft. Next, turn up the heat, then pour in the wine and vinegar, and let it sizzle for 2 minutes, before adding the stock and rosemary and allowing it to simmer for a further 8 minutes. Finally, pour in the cream, stir thoroughly and let it boil for 3 more minutes.
- Once everything is ready, season the lamb and sauce as desired, and serve with the seasonal vegetables on warm plates.