- 8 chicken thighs (slashed twice)
- 2 tsp jerk seasoning
- 2 tbsp natural yoghurt
- 4 spring onions
- 400gs long grain rice
- 200ml chicken stock
- 1 can gungo peas
- 1 can coconut milk
- Habanero hot sauce
- Salt & pepper
- Mix chicken, jerk seasoning and yoghurt in a bowl and leave to marinate overnight or for a few hours.
- Fry onions in a little oil with rice.
- Add stock, coconut milk, gungo peas and seasonings.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat to a simmer, put lid on and cook for 15 minutes.
- BBQ cook – burn coals until there are no flames, place chicken above the coals, cover & cook for 15 minutes, turn and cook on the other side. OR: Oven cook – bake at 200c for 40 minutes, turning halfway through.