- 2 hunters chicken breasts
- 350g potatoes (uncooked weight), peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp milk and 1 tbsp butter
- 150g runner beans
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C / 400 F / Gas Mark 6.
- Place the chicken breasts in a shallow ovenproof baking dish and pour over the sauce evenly, making sure all the chicken is covered.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 25 to 30 minutes, until the chicken is golden and cooked all the way through. [NB: Once the internal temperature of the chicken is 65 degrees C / 149 F then it is fully cooked.]
- Use this baking time to prepare any desired accompaniments: Cook the potatoes for 10 to 15 minutes in boiling water, until soft, then drain and mash (i.e. in the warm pan) with the butter and milk until smooth. [NB: You can add a little more milk if needed.] Cook the carrots and runner beans for 8 to 10 minutes in boiling water, then drain.
- Once the chicken is cooked thoroughly, sprinkle it with some cheese and return it to the oven for approximately 2 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- When everything is fully cooked, serve immediately on warm plates.