- 25g unsalted butter
- 2 to 3 tbsp green peppercorns from a jar of green peppercorns in brine
- 1 to 2 tbsp brandy
- 1 clove garlic, crushed with a little salt
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 100ml whipping cream
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- Melt the butter in the pan until it is foaming.
- Add the drained peppercorns and crush slightly with the back of a wooden spoon. Add the garlic.
- Add the brandy and salt and stir together to deglaze the pan, then stir in the mustard and cream.
- Continue to cook, stirring, until you achieve a nicely thickened sauce that will coat the back of a spoon.
- Stir in the parsley.