- 500g chicken piri piri stir-fry
- Cooking oil spray
- 150g rice (uncooked weight)
- Prepare the rice: Rinse the rice. Pop it in a pan with the correct ratio of cold water (i.e. 150g rice to 300ml water) Bring the water to the boil, stir once, then cover and leave to simmer gently for 10 minutes without removing the pan lid. After 10 minutes, check that the rice is cooked (i.e. by trying a grain), if not then give it an extra minute or two. Once cooked, remove the pan lid and cover with a tea towel until ready to serve. [NB: Any residual water will be absorbed, improving the texture of the rice.]
- Whilst the rice is boiling, place a wok over a high heat and coat with cooking oil spray. Then add the chicken piri piri mix and stir-fry for 5 to 6 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables begin to brown.
- Once everything is fully cooked, serve immediately on warm plates and enjoy.