- 250g fillet of Scotch Beef PGI (cut from the narrow end), thinly sliced
- 600ml beef stock
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp chilli sauce
- 2cm piece ginger peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 2 carrots peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 100g tight white button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 heads pak choi, thinly sliced
- Fresh sweetcorn cut from 1 cob
- 2 bundles rice noodles (about 100g)
- 4 spring onions, shredded
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil to serve
- Into a large broad-based pan pour the stock, soy sauce, chilli sauce and ginger and bring to the boil.
- Add the carrots and mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes; add the corn and noodles and pak choi and simmer for 3 minutes. Then add the beef slices and shredded onion and heat through to just cook the beef. Stir in the sesame oil and serve the soup in bowls with some sesame seeds sprinkled over each.