POULTRY, GAME & VEAL
Our naturally plump barn-fresh chickens are sourced from handpicked suppliers in the north of England.
Portion sizes (per person)
Chicken: Per person allow 1 to 2 chicken thighs, 1 chicken leg, 2 chicken drumsticks, around 180 g of chicken fillet and 450 g of a whole chicken (bone-in with skins).
Game: Starting from 120g per person for a modest portion.
Temperatures / cooking times
Chicken: Fillets, thighs, legs and drumsticks should be cooked to an internal temperature of 165 F / 74 C. Whole chicken: 200 C (180 C fan) / Gas Mark 6 for 45 minutes per kg plus 20 minutes.
- Whole chicken: 1 hour and 40 minutes (stuffed: 2 hours and 10 minutes)
- Chicken fillets: 35-45 minutes (depending on size)
- Boneless thighs: 20-30 minutes
- Chicken wings: 25-30 minutes
- Bone-in chicken legs: 40-55 minutes
Grilling / Frying
- Whole chicken: 1 hour and 25 minutes (unstuffed)
- Chicken fillets: 9-12 minutes per side
- Boneless thighs: 5-8 minutes per side.
- Chicken wings: 8 minutes per side
- Bone-in chicken legs: 15-18 minutes
Game: This meat is very low in fat, so best served medium-rare. For example, cook your venison steak for 2 to 3 minutes each side.
Veal: This lean meat dries out easily, so only cook at low temperatures or for a very short time. For example, cook your veal escalope over high heat for 1 to 2 minutes each side.
We no longer deliver nationwide.
Showing 1–8 of 24 results
Balmoral Chicken£7.60 – £15.20 Select options
Canvas Bag£2.50 Add to basket
Chicken Kiev£7.60 – £15.20 Select options
Chicken Piri Piri£6.25 Add to basket
Chicken Schnitzels£4.75 Add to basket
Duck Supreme£15.65 Add to basket
Fresh Chick Wings£3.25 Select options
Fresh Chicken Fillets£11.25 – £50.00 Select options